I'm back from my trip, and I am freezing!
But I missed my hubby SO much, and so happy to be home with him and back to normality.
I promise to share some pictures with you all soon!
In the meantime, as usual, (in)fertility is occupying my thoughts tonight as I gear up for our results tomorrow at the follow up with the FS. We will find out about the genetic tests they did on hubby, as well as his latest SA results.
Not having much faith in the NHS, part of me believes that they will have screwed up some aspect of the tests, and they will have either forgotten them, lost them or ordered the wrong things altogether. But, if by some small miracle we get all the results in tomorrow, we have discussed our courses of action.
I figure it can go 3 ways. (All depending on hubby's tests - I will need Clomid or Metformin or both to get me to ovulate since I have tried pretty much everything else with no luck)
1) SA worse than first sample (2.8mil or less). Straight to IVF/ICSI
2) SA same as second sample (18mil or less). Straight to IUI with Clomid, but not too many before moving onto IVF/ICSI
3) SA better than second sample (18mil or above). A couple of cycles of Clomid, followed by IUI with Clomid, maybe 3 attempts?
What do you guys think? Do these sound like reasonable options?
I'm going crazy here.
I'm also acutely aware that hubby will be BROKEN if there is no improvement. I actually cannot even think about that being the case at this point.
Where is the emergency exit button on this ride, I want to get off!
~Sabine~
They sound like good & reasonable options.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping you get your results soon & can make your decisions. Good Luck!
They are going to do IUI with 18 mil or less? We don't even qualify for IUI unless sperm count is 40-60 million sperm. And, they won't even put me on clomid with my OH's sperm count!
ReplyDelete(My OH sperm count is 13.2 million, 45% motility)
ReplyDeleteThe Dude's is pretty much the same as what you stated above, I think off by .5 both times! Kinda creepy! Anyways we decided that we both had issues and IUI had a very small chance of actually working. For myself the emotinal toll was to large for such a small chance. IVF is expensive but the numbers are way more in favour of having a live baby at the end.
ReplyDeleteI am sure the doctor will be able to give you the best advice and you guys will make a decision that brings you closer to that ellusive baby!!!
Thinking about you sweets! Hugs!
B
Michelle: Thanks!
ReplyDeleteVanessa: My one FS said that all they need for an IUI is 2 million post wash, and the other won't even consider putting me on clomid, so I really don't know what to think!
Beckie: How funny that our hubby's have such similar results! Do you think we are wasting our time with IUI? I am so scared of IVF that I don't think I'm thinking clearly anymore!
Thanks SO much for your comments, will update this afternoon
Just wondered if you have tried Femara? I did three unsuccessful cycles of Clomid (without IUI or anything... just au natural) and then did one cycle of Femara and got my BFP last month. I have PCOS too, so just wanted to suggest Femara!
ReplyDeleteAlso, my hubby had good sperm count (37 million/mL), but only 1% morphology, and we got pregnant on our own (aside from the Femara, that is). Think about it, 1% of his total sperm count is only 370,000, and we got pregnant. As my doc says, "it only takes one!" So don't think too much into sperm numbers. I was devastated at the news of my hubby's SA, but it ended up not mattering one bit.
Good luck!
Also, I found this interesting (from iVillage):
ReplyDeleteWorld Health Organization guidelines say a normal sperm count consists of 20 million sperm per ejaculate, with 50 percent motility and 60 percent normal morphology (form). The amount of semen in the ejaculation matters, too. If the concentration is less than 20 million sperm per milliliter of ejaculate, it may impair fertility. Still, if the sperm show adequate forward motility -- the ability to swim -- concentrations as low as 5 to 10 million can produce a pregnancy.