Thursday, 4 March 2010

Quick hello!

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?
I am having a great time in Dubai. Unfortunately it rained for a couple of days - I totally jinxed that one with my bragging photos of blue skies! Thankfully, it's all cleared up now and I spent yesterday's lunch break swimming and lying by the pool.
Admittedly, I have done very little actual work since being here, and the weekend starts at the end of today, so I have scored a 3 day weekend too.
I have taken too many photos and drained the life out of two batteries and I forgot my charger at home!
Here is a little teaser from the aquariam ;)
The only 'downer' of the trip so far has been that there's a rumor going around the office that I'm pregnant. Yes, you read that right. The CEO who is a little bit, let's say, socially awkward (understatement), asked if I am pregnant yet - some people overheard this and thought it meant I am. Yeh, not so much fun...

In other news, a very good friend of mine has spilled the beans that she and her husband have been TTC for  14 months and her doctor thinks she isn't ovulating (PCOS). She hasn't even told her family that they are struggling yet, so I'm glad my telling her about our struggles has made it a little easier for her to 'come clean'. And on a selfish level, I'm relieved to now have at least one real life friend who I can talk to about this stuff - obviously minus the male factor issue.

~Sabine~

3 comments:

  1. Don't youu hate it when people ask if "you're pregnant yet?" Ugh!!

    Glad you're getting some sunny, pool time! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    Yay for a real life IF buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman who shops at our store put her hand on my belly once and made this weird look and then said, nope your not pregnant I thought you were.

    No Shit Asshole! People can be so annoying!

    I am glad you are having fun and a real life IF bbuddy is sooo important!!!! Happy you found someone to talk to about everthing!!!!

    Have a great rest of your tirp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I stumbled across your blog by chance, I am currently just off my pill ready to try and start our journey into trying to conceive and am already googling everything there is to know...I have also started a blog in the hope that it will be therapeutic.

    I hope you don't mind me following yours but I really like the way you write.


    x
    Mrs E

    ReplyDelete