I know in my lifetime I have sometimes (ok, mostly) asked for a lot.
My expectations are high. I believe if you work hard for something or believe in it enough, you will get it.
I often joke I am one of the luckiest people I know.
So I am asking for one thing, which I cannot work hard for, and I can do nothing about!
I want this stupid cycle to end! Never thought I would pray so hard for my period.
I am on day 45/46 - forget which one since this has been my longest cycle ever and I am trying not to think about it too much.
I am placing the blame squarely on the Agnus Castus. I know I have had anovulatory cycles before, but never ones this LONG!
I wrote to the naturopath who prescribed it, and he replied with the following, which I thought was quite amusing - especially the 'impatient' part!! Welcome to my world, dude!
"You seem to be a bit impatient, which is understandable.
The menstrual cycle and ovulation normally adjust after 2-3 months of this treatment.
So please persevere. Within a period of three months, the cycle normally adjusts. If you haven't had an ovulation/menstruation, it might be that it re-adjusts itself to another 'timetable'. This goes normally with the moon cycle. New moon = onset of menstruation, full moon = ovulation."
I am nervous I have messed with my system, and right about now my usual 37 day cycles are sounding heavenly!
I feel like I am on an enforced break and it is frustrating as hell.
And my skin - oh, my skin - I look like an acne-ridden teenager. It mocks me every day I look in the mirror! It amuses rather than depresses me.
Moving on swiftly.
How were all your Valetine's days? Hope you all had a great day and were spoilt and loved rotten.
I had a wonderful day, first Valetine's as a married couple - and way to perpetuate a myth - the first one we didn't have s.e.x.
How embarrassing. Have got to stop letting this TTC business get in the way of everything. It is like a drop of poison polluting the whole well. If you know what I mean.
~Sabine~
I can't imagine your frustration!! 46 days....ugh!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good Valentine's Day with your DH. Mine was great too...but we didn't have s.e.x either....lol. We were too tired.
I hope that AF shows up before you go crazy!! I'll be thinking about you!!
We didn't have sex either. My Dh said "I'm the only man on the planet that didn't have sex on Valentines Day".. guess he's not :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way.. I gotta stop letting IF rule my entire life.
If its any consellation its a full moon at the end of the month! Hey, maybe you will ovulate.
ReplyDeleteI had a similar thing with some long old cycle after being stresed out then all of a sudden I ovulated at day 40 (also full moon but had no idea)! Then my cycles miraculously started fitting with exactly what your naturopath said 'ovulate full moon period new moon'. I just thought that it was coincidence until reading your blog.
I hope that one way or another something happens for you, I know how frustratin long cycles are!
Fluffy xx
I hope AF shows her head soon!
ReplyDeletehello love! Keep on with the agnus castus. I took it, I went from 56 days cycles down into the 30s. It DOES work but it does also take time to work.
ReplyDeleteI've read that you can drink parsley tea to help bring on AF if your body is ready for it. If you don't have any lining on your uterus yet though it's not going to start no matter what you do.
So, buy some parsley, boil it, and drink up! 2 or 3 cups a day until your period comes. It's seriously yucky, so have some honey ready.
Oh yeah and the AC helped me ovulate too. Just thought I'd throw that in there. I never ovulated EVER before it.
ReplyDelete~*Hugs*~