I've just realised I haven't posted in a while. Time has gotten away from me.
Been busy with work, life, preparing for a business trip, and alternating my worrying between baby-making (or lack thereof), the fact I am going to be 30 soon, what to do to celebrate my birthday, I'm going to be jobless soon for the first time ever, I have so many zits it's unreal...and on and on. Look at me, multi-tasking :)
Anyway, all this worrying has not left much space in my brain for anything else.
I have decided to be 'rebellious' and not have a 30th birthday party. There are many reasons, the main one being 'I just don't feel like it', and damn it! I'm THIRTY - I don't have to have a good reason, do I?
I have been toying with this idea for a while since I have a unscheduled commercial break coming up and I have never had time on my hands before. So, this is where you guys come in!
I wanted to do 30 things to celebrate my 30th, things I have always wanted to do but have never quite got around to. The problem came when I actually started to try to think of 30 things - it's hard! And also, they have to be as close to free as possible since I won't have a job. This is very limiting. And, I don't want it to become my usual list of 'chores' - I want it to be fun!
Last year I accomplished a lot of things on my 'list' (got married, dyed my hair, dyed it back, donated blood, swam with dolphins, travelled to Mexico, swam with a shark - I have posted photos just to prove it :))
I have come up with a few ideas, but would love it if you guys had any suggestions?
Some examples so far:
What do you guys think?
Good, bad, or just plain stupid?
~Sabine~
P.S. Yes, that is a giant sting ray top right and a shark bottom left. A nurse shark, which is probably more harmless than a newborn, but still!
(removed)
Been busy with work, life, preparing for a business trip, and alternating my worrying between baby-making (or lack thereof), the fact I am going to be 30 soon, what to do to celebrate my birthday, I'm going to be jobless soon for the first time ever, I have so many zits it's unreal...and on and on. Look at me, multi-tasking :)
Anyway, all this worrying has not left much space in my brain for anything else.
I have decided to be 'rebellious' and not have a 30th birthday party. There are many reasons, the main one being 'I just don't feel like it', and damn it! I'm THIRTY - I don't have to have a good reason, do I?
I have been toying with this idea for a while since I have a unscheduled commercial break coming up and I have never had time on my hands before. So, this is where you guys come in!
I wanted to do 30 things to celebrate my 30th, things I have always wanted to do but have never quite got around to. The problem came when I actually started to try to think of 30 things - it's hard! And also, they have to be as close to free as possible since I won't have a job. This is very limiting. And, I don't want it to become my usual list of 'chores' - I want it to be fun!
Last year I accomplished a lot of things on my 'list' (got married, dyed my hair, dyed it back, donated blood, swam with dolphins, travelled to Mexico, swam with a shark - I have posted photos just to prove it :))
I have come up with a few ideas, but would love it if you guys had any suggestions?
Some examples so far:
- Learn German (DH and his entire family are German, and after 8 years it's disgraceful how badly I suck at the language. I speak 3 languages already though - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
- Get pregnant
- Get pregnant (am I repeating myself here?)
- Have a baby (ok, you get the idea, I'm sure)
- Finally get to my goal weight
- Become involved in a charity
- Learn how to scuba dive (could be near impossible living in London)
- Try skiing (I am scared of the ski lift/heights but could possibly tackle this one in the indoor skiing in the Mall in Dubai next week)
- Learn webdesign
- Visit New York
Good, bad, or just plain stupid?
~Sabine~
P.S. Yes, that is a giant sting ray top right and a shark bottom left. A nurse shark, which is probably more harmless than a newborn, but still!
(removed)
I have missed you Sabine!
ReplyDeleteI love the whole idea! I think that is an awesome and positive way to reflect the beautiful life you live!
Great photos by the way, super pretty lady!
One cool idea I thought of is to have a photo journal. 30 days and 30 photos in the life of Sabine. I would find that really interesting but that is just me!
When is your birthday?
What a great idea!!! Love your photos....you're so pretty!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave you ever ridden a horse? Maybe that could be something??
Go parachuting (I'm scared of heights too and can still recommend it)
ReplyDeleteGo for a long hike somewhere near you
Eat at a new restaurant
Try a new recipe
Go to yoga and learn to do a headstand (very liberating)
Buy new cushions for your couch and change the look of your lounge (see Samcy's blog)
Go to an art class
Have your tarot cards read
Go for a facial or a massage
Plant some seeds
ummm that's it for my inspiration for today...
Go to the British Museum - I just love the place! and It's free.
ReplyDeleteDance naked in the rain - it rains enough in London.
Love the idea! Wish I had done it!