Hubby and I met up with an old friend last night for dinner - him and his family left London, but he is here for a couple of nights on business.
Yesterday, on the phone to his wife, she revealed that they suffered from unexplained infertility and underwent 4 unsuccessful IUI's before her finally successful Clomid cycle. They now have a daughter and a son, both from Clomid cycles, and both took more than a year each to conceive.
(I don't know how she kept all of this secret - I worked with her every day for 5 years while this was all happening)
Which makes the following exchange even weirder:
Him: 'You're not going to have children.'
Me: Ummm, pardon?
Him: Well, it's been 6 months since you were married - if you don't have by now, you never will.
I don't even remember how the rest of the conversation went. I think I just went quiet. Maybe from shock, maybe from embarrassment.
What is wrong with people?
~Sabine~
That is strange!
ReplyDeleteUgh!!! How awkward!!
ReplyDeletesheesh, some people reaaaaally have bad foot-in-mouth disease and should just stay home!
ReplyDeletelike i always say: everything worth while is worth waiting for...and worth working for....bla bla bla...i know they're simply platitudes, but honestly - everything happens when it's meant to.
and i have a feeling it's a meant-to-happen thing for you - so just stay strong xx