A few days surrounding that fateful day when we learned of hubby's low sperm count, we had a couple of amazing experiences.
The first was a few days before. My aunt insisted we go to see her homeopath who has helped her immensely.
And I too, was blown away. He was softly spoken and gentle, but most of all he was so optimistic, and seemed geniunely concerned for our situation and wellbeing. He uses a machine that tests certain meridians in your body. I don't claim to know how it works, but the things he told us were unbelievable. I should add that he knew absolutely nothing of our situation. He said straight away that hubby's left testicle was underperforming, which is interesting as we hadn't yet done the SA, and he knew nothing of the undescended testicle saga.
Remember I said he was more helpful than the doctors?
Well the three top tips I took away with me were:
1) Most people cannot digest the protein in cow's milk, and so this triggers an allergic reaction which can block the fallopian tubes.
2) Zinc shrinks cysts - ideal for PCOS!
3) "About your ovulation time, three days before 'no sex', it takes the testicles about three days to produce full amount of healthy sperm. After ejaculation sperm count is very low for about three days. Did the doctor explain this?" <----- Errr, no, doctor said nothing of the sort!
He sent us away with a lifestyle/diet/supplement plan, and asked us to keep in touch. He was also optimistic we would conceive.
After we got the results from the SA analysis back, I emailed him in a panic.
His response was wonderful:
"A sperm count of 18 Mio. is low, but not very low! I had male patients with sperm counts of 12 Mio. and they fathered children very well. Just think, of the 18 Mio. sperms only ONE has to arrive at the ovary! Naturally they recommend IVF with ICSI, that's were the BIG money is. I think the rate is here at present R35,000 per IVF. I am confident that the chances of you falling pregnant are good."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second wonderful thing was a couple of days after the SA results - going for tea and cake with my mom, who brought along a close friend of hers, who just happens to be a famous psychic/tarot reader.
As soon as I sat down, he looked deep into my eyes and he said he had been SO in tune with me over the past few days, feeling my every emotion. He was heartbroken for me.
I cannot possibly begin to recall everything he said - it was a long meeting - but he read the cards for both me and hubby, and we were both buzzing afterwards.
Unbelievably, the same card came up 4 times: The Ten of Cups.
Abridged meaning:
"The Ten of Cups tarot card is one of the most joyful and optimistic cards in a traditional tarot deck. Most tarot readers interpret the Ten of Cups as a symbol of good fortune, perfection in love, and fulfilling relationships.
The Ten of Cups communicates sheer joy, childlike satisfaction, and an all-inclusive sense of contentment. In any tarot reading, regardless of the subject of the tarot spread, the Ten of Cups is a welcome sight. Depending on the context of the tarot reading, it might indicate comfort and satisfaction in material wealth, a happy and fulfilling relationship, or a joyful conclusion to a difficult and challenging period.
The two children, representations of fertility, can literally indicate childbearing."
When this card came up for me 3 times, he was astounded, but when it came up for my husband too, he was literally dumbstruck.
He got very emotional, and he said he has no doubt we will have our babies - and soon. He mentioned two babies, and at first thought twins, but said it may just be a total of two - a pigeon pair, he said, one of each.
I also drew this card, which I thought fitting, since this is a theme in my life.He said I need to get rid of the "crazy-makers" in my life. I knew immediately who he meant. And the type of people I surround myself with. And also, I need to take my power back.
According to him, everything is falling into place.
~Sabine~

That is a great post enjoyed! Bring on the babies!
ReplyDeleteMy DH SA was at 3.5MIL...
Enjoying reading your blog!