Tomorrow I meet with my boss to discuss redundancy related issues, and I am going to try to negotiate a better package. Turns out they need me to stay on and help with handovers and to fly over to their overseas office a lot from January to March...
This is turning out to be a blessing in disguise, besides for the fact I am a nervous wreck. Slept for a grand total of four hours last night worrying about it all.
Will update tomorrow after the meeting.
And also poke-r face, because in completely unrelated events, I went for lunch with my 41 year old cousin yesterday, who POKES me every three seconds!
Do you know the type? Talk, poke, poke, talk, poke. Just because I am not looking directly in your eyes does NOT mean I am not listening!
Sometimes, when the poking seems insufficient, you get the pushing/nudging/slapping too. I swear, I am bruised. And after all this, I never managed to get a word in - she just talked at me. I swear, two hours was like two years!
What's that saying: you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family!
~Sabine~
LOL - I say poke her back. She'll probably say "hey, what's that for?" and that's your cue to say "well you do it to me all the time"
ReplyDeletei am so interested in this whole nhs thing. i have 2 uk friends with infertility and the one is too scared to actually start the process. is it long and arduous???
Hi Leigh, (feels weird typing my own name ;))
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments!
About the NHS....don't get me started. On one hand they are good and its a great service. On the other hand, I would much prefer to take the money that I pay in my taxes for this 'service' and pay for my own private cover instead.
The problem is not with the level of service (mostly) as the doctors on the NHS are the same you would see if you went private, but its the waiting. and waiting. and waiting.
really shocking, and really heartbreaking, especially if you have already been trying for a year or more to concieve and then it takes another year just to start getting the ball rolling.
Most of my friends have gone private for this very reason, whether they could afford to or not.
Also the NHS is so understaffed/overworked, there is no patient/doctor relationship. In fact, I have been here for 7 years and although I have been at the same GP practice the whole time, I have hardly seen the same doctor twice.
Sorry for the very long post! I could go on forever!