Tuesday, 27 October 2009

My first appointment, NOT with a FS!

Firstly, my apologies for my very self pitying post yesterday. After this rant, I am going to try to let it go and start focusing on the positive (someone please pull me up on this later!).

Basically I just felt my appointment was useless and a waste of time.
The person I saw ended up being a nurse who was very unhelpful. I was told to fill out a form stating our history, which she didn't even glance at, but managed to completely belittle my fears, and did not answer any questions I had.

She said I need to come in for further testing (I had to go to each department and then schedule these myself) according to specific days in my cycle. I told her my cycle is irregular. I also just about managed to get in about the brown periods and she said I should count those as CD1, but literally she hardly gave me the opportunity to speak.
The only thing I managed to ask was: "What is the waiting time for IVF?"
Well, she practically jumped down my throat at his question, like how could I have the audacity to ask that. She said lots of people in my position conceive just fine without IVF, which is fair enough, but she didn't even know my history, how could she know what my position is?

Anyway, the whole thing lasted about 3 minutes, and I need to go back for two blood tests, and an ultrasound scan, although I have no idea what these blood tests are for?
And my hubby needs to have a sperm analysis which is at a completely different hospital much further away.
After all these results come back, only then I will be able to schedule an appointment with the actual fertility specialist, and this could take another 6-8 weeks.

I need to take the positive out of this, and think at least the ball is rolling now. However slow that rolling may be!

Also, the place was crawling with pregnant woman, I think they should make them go through the side entrance ;P

Just kidding.....kind of!!

~Sabine~

1 comment: