Wow, thank you for the comments on my last post, it really helped me to gain some perspective. Mash, your comment was so well written and just made so much sense, and also made me feel incredibly sad that I'm actually not there to support her. I tell her all the time I'm here for her etc - I just hope she knows that.
Obviously, I know it's related to her being devastated and in mourning, and I also know it seemed out of character etc. Perhaps I need to put my own feelings aside for now and just give her support where she needs it. I'm the type of person that finds it hard to ignore my own hurt feelings so this will be a new one for me. I guess the reason is that she still sends me photos of my niece all the time and expects me to respond with lovely comments, and asks for pics of C, so I was taken aback with the responses. I promise it's not just that I sent photos willy-nilly.
Now, I feel like I don't want to put C or my feelings in the firing line, when I'm also sure she doesn't intend to be mean, but I don't want her to suddenly wonder why I'm not sending pics when she asks either....
I just don't like the anxious feeling of waiting for a mean response etc. (Those 2 examples are not the only ones, unfortunately)
Tough one.
Secondly, thanks for the tips on sleeping! Will try them out.
Oh, how depressing when you lie awake when your baby is sleeping!
C has started to practice 'shouting' and has really found her voice. She has this high pitched shriek - it is hilarious and she has a huge grin when she does it...I'm sure the neighbours think something dodgy is going on around here!
Oh, and it's supposed to be summer round here, but it's been raining every single day and grey skies!! (know you would love it Marcia) But I have no idea what to do with poor C, stuck indoors or in shopping malls all day!
Hope you all have a lovely day!
~Sabine~
Obviously, I know it's related to her being devastated and in mourning, and I also know it seemed out of character etc. Perhaps I need to put my own feelings aside for now and just give her support where she needs it. I'm the type of person that finds it hard to ignore my own hurt feelings so this will be a new one for me. I guess the reason is that she still sends me photos of my niece all the time and expects me to respond with lovely comments, and asks for pics of C, so I was taken aback with the responses. I promise it's not just that I sent photos willy-nilly.
Now, I feel like I don't want to put C or my feelings in the firing line, when I'm also sure she doesn't intend to be mean, but I don't want her to suddenly wonder why I'm not sending pics when she asks either....
I just don't like the anxious feeling of waiting for a mean response etc. (Those 2 examples are not the only ones, unfortunately)
Tough one.
Secondly, thanks for the tips on sleeping! Will try them out.
Oh, how depressing when you lie awake when your baby is sleeping!
C has started to practice 'shouting' and has really found her voice. She has this high pitched shriek - it is hilarious and she has a huge grin when she does it...I'm sure the neighbours think something dodgy is going on around here!
Oh, and it's supposed to be summer round here, but it's been raining every single day and grey skies!! (know you would love it Marcia) But I have no idea what to do with poor C, stuck indoors or in shopping malls all day!
Hope you all have a lovely day!
~Sabine~
I do love that weather!
ReplyDeleteGlad the comments helped. I would really talk to her after next statement...
You can still chat to her about how you feel, but just come from a different space :-)
ReplyDeleteAsk her if she wants to talk about her mom - instead of telling her she can if she wants to (because that leaves it to her to approach you about it).
You know your C is gorgeous, she really, really is, so don't ever let anyone else's opinion come anywhere near it :-)