Tomorrow we leave for Cape Town. Our first travel and flight with C, and it's a 12 hour flight!
I haven't even finished packing...I totally underestimated the work that goes into packing for travel with a baby!
I'm usually super organised, but once we got her blood results back, I booked the flight for the following week - not nearly enough time to prepare!
I am very excited to introduce her to her cousin (5 weeks apart in age) and the rest of the family.
A few things make me nervous though...
Will she be ok on the plane?
Will she be unsettled by the new surroundings?
How do I stop everyone from overwhelming her? She isn't very used to crowds because of her illness and isolation for 6 weeks.
Have any of you guys travelled with your kids (near or far)? Any advice or tips?
Thanks!
~Sabine~
I haven't even finished packing...I totally underestimated the work that goes into packing for travel with a baby!
I'm usually super organised, but once we got her blood results back, I booked the flight for the following week - not nearly enough time to prepare!
I am very excited to introduce her to her cousin (5 weeks apart in age) and the rest of the family.
A few things make me nervous though...
Will she be ok on the plane?
Will she be unsettled by the new surroundings?
How do I stop everyone from overwhelming her? She isn't very used to crowds because of her illness and isolation for 6 weeks.
Have any of you guys travelled with your kids (near or far)? Any advice or tips?
Thanks!
~Sabine~
We leave for CT tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteBest advice is to feed her on take off and on landing. The sucking and swallowing will help with her ears.
Also take a small amount of panado or similar just in case she wont settle or her ears pain her.
She will probably sleep once you take off, the noise of the engines lulls them.
How long are you in CT and where are you staying? Would be lovely to meet you...
Good luck! I think it's best to travel when they're that little because they sleep a lot.
ReplyDeleteTake lots of warm clothes - it's gotten chilly over here :)
Thanks for the advice ladies! Very excited, just waiting for the cab now.
ReplyDeleteGina, how long are you in CT for? We will be there almost a month and staying in Sea Point... how about you? Would be cool to meet up :)
I am still reading even though I don't comment much. And I nominated you for a blog award. http://theluckylife.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/my-blog-award-and-i-big-toothy-grin/
ReplyDelete